Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spicy eggplant spaghetti

A basic pasta dish. It feels almost like cheating to put this in - I mean, I'm not documenting the dishes I make on the fly or from memory, and this is pretty close to some of those - but I got this out of a book, so it qualifies under my self-imposed rules, I guess.



Spaghetti
Olive oil
2 red chillies
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
2 bacon rashers (or more, if you like)
250g eggplant, diced (or more, to match the bacon)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tomatoes, choppes
3 tablespoons shredded basil


Cook spaghetti.

Heat oil to medium heat in a pan and cook bacon, chilli, onion and garlic for five minutes or until onion is soft and bacon is cooked. Remove from pan.

Heat more oil on high heat and cook eggplant, turning until browned.

Add back the bacon mixture. Add the vinegar, tomato and basil. Cook through and season to taste.

Top the spaghetti with eggplant.

(See? EASY.)

No comments:

Post a Comment